The Kongo civilization is unique in their playing strategy. The player must choose between 4 ruling Dynasties that can ascend to the throne: The People's King (House of Kilukeni), the Rich King (House of Kwilu ), the Weak King (House of Nsundi) and the Warrior king (House of) Kinlaza. Each unique King will have his own bonuses and unique set of units. Choosing a king will also affect the consulate allies you can choose.
- 1. Manikongo, the King of Kongo
- 2. Advancing in Ages (Polities)
- 3. Religion
- 4. Slavery, Exports and the African Consulate
- 5. Mothers and Children
- 6. Kongo Units Highlights
Historical Background: A powerful African Kingdom that existed in the west central Africa. In the 15th century, the King of Kongo at that time converted to Christianity at the hands of the Portuguese explorer Diogo Cão, and ultimately, the king converted the whole kingdom into the new religion. One of the most characteristic of the Kongo Kingdom was the bloody struggle between noble houses fighting over the kingship.
- Civ Bonus (Pros & Cons)
• Buildings will cost 15% less wood but will also have 10% less hitpoints (except for walls & towers which will cost the same & retain full hp).
• Town Center cost 10% less wood but retain full hitpoints.
• Unique Resources : Faith & Slavery Exports.